Ingredients for 6 people:
- A mixture of 3 salmon steaks, a haddock fillet, 2 squids and a hand full of prawns. I guess worked the amount of fish, depends on how big a dish you use and how many people you are catering for so just take a look at it! You can substitute the fish to whatever is available too.
- 284ml double cream
- 8 large King Edward potatoes
- juice of one lemon
- a teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- a packet of spinach
- a handful of mushrooms
- a large handful of chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- a sprinkling of dried oregano
1. Slice the potatoes thinly and place in a large pan of lightly salted boiling water. Cook for about 10 minutes, then drain and reserve.
2. Cut the fish into bite size pieces and cut the squid into rings. Place in an oven proof dish covering the bottom. Squeeze the lemon juice over the fish, season. In another small bowl mix up the cream with the parsley and mustard. Then pour over the fish and mix well covering each piece of fish with the creamy goodness.
3. Steam the spinach and drain well, squeezing out all the excess water once cooked. Slice up the mushrooms and stir both in the fish mixture
4. Place a layer of potatoes over the fish and vegetables, sprinkle the oregano over the top followed by a drizzle of olive oil.
5. Place in your preheated oven to 200 (fan assisted electric)
6. Roast for about 40 minutes or until the potatoes are golden brown.
7. Serve with a simple green salad or peas.