As the rain refuses to go away today, I have resigned myself to no outing, as I really couldn't face the hoards at our nearest indoor play centre, Eddie Catz.
So baking it is then. Chocolate Brownies and fairy cakes with luscious pink butter icing. Matilda threw herself into it and especially enjoyed decorating the cakes with the sprinkles. Though I had to control all my OCD tendencies with the sprinkles going everywhere including the floor.
The recipes I used were both from the always good, BBC Good food website:
- 4 free-range eggs
- 225g/8oz sugar
- 225g/8oz self-raising flour
- 225g/8oz butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4 and lin 2 x 12-hole fairy cake tins with paper cases.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar together in a bowl until light and fluffy.
- Carefully fold in the flour and butter.
- Pour the mixture carefully into the paper cases.
- Bake the cakes for 15-20 minutes, or until golden-brown on top and a skewer inserted into one of the cakes comes out clean. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack before removing from the tin.